Tuesday 21 August 2012

Rising Skies


When the free fall is in sight, it may be better to look up and see that the red skies are rising.

I haven’t woken up before dawn in a long while, when the skies are still dark and the air so fresh with this unmistakable taste of human quietness overwhelming the senses. No other time of day has that scent. It's Tuesday morning in the world.

I feel in a contemplative mood today, with a tinge of wariness. Already the skies are waking, and with them comes the return of a renewed sense of reality that cannot be escaped.

I am not sure why I constantly strive towards what frightens me the most. The unknown factor is certainly up there on the list. I'll be spending my last days at work listening to Beethoven's 9th symphony.



People are always surprised when you choose to throw away the illusory comfort of social entrapment. But what I regard as social entrapment may be the only thing that makes sense for them. I have learned over the years that my outlook can never be the same as that of all others, for the main reason that if everyone else did, then we wouldn't go very far. Variety in paths, outlooks and callings is what leads to the richness of minds. But this can only come if we accept it and stop striving to be 'like' everyone else, forever mourning what we don't have instead of cherishing what we do have, envying others or wishing things were different. And at the same time be ready to lose it all, because nothing was ever really ours to begin with.


No comments: