Saturday 10 March 2012



Work has been more draining than usual in the past couple of weeks, and then the other day as I sat at my desk wishing so much for the hours to tick by faster, I remembered that the one good thing about that job is that we're allowed to use earphones all the time... and so I started listening to what I can only call settling music to my ears... People around me were chatting, bothering me with questions, trying to distract me, but I was losing myself in Beethoven over and over again. What a blissful escape from the almost constant dreariness of the modern workplace.

Without music, truly Life would be a mistake.

Traveling down the river Styx, hopeless shadow of what I once was, I remember a little girl who would have been good. I remember the one that should have been and stare at the fraud that took her place, reflected in the dark waters of Nowhere.
(18/08/2006)

Jotted down so many years ago, but I'm moving away from it now. Well, that's the aim. Breaking (old) patterns seems like the next logical step.

No comments: