Friday 11 July 2008

The world as I see it

time and other thoughts...


There was a ray of morning sunshine but it has now been covered with a thick layer of dullness promising more rain and it is cold. When will it be summer, I wonder? If I’m stuck in this town then at least give me warmth and sunny skies! Instead I’m stuck home watching the rain pouring down my window. 

There is never enough wine to numb the pain of living. No, actually living is the wrong word. I should say ‘thinking’. When one thinks too much they’re bound to feel pain. There are moments of blissful lucidity followed by a sense of helplessness. There is also the sense that you might be completely wrong in your reasoning and yet this makes you already different from the rest. People who do the best and the worst in the world always seem to have one thing in common: they think they know. They can’t be wrong. Even when they are. If there is one thing I understand now it’s that there isn’t a right or wrong answer, a black and white spectrum. There is only a grey area and only the best you, as a person and as a member of a society, can do. This is exactly what we need to understand, beyond the rain and the inward tears: do your best to the best of your abilities. If you can remain true to such a motto then you can’t go far wrong. You might still be mistaken in the end but your was there. there was a conscience.

No comments: