Wednesday 27 February 2013

I can honestly say that I have not yet learned to get past this in Life:


Pride

Do not ask me to love the world
For I hate it.
Whatever lesson you wish me to learn,
I shall not learn it.
And even if you lavish me with pearls
Of wisdom to be attained
Still I will turn my back away.
For every sigh, for every failed sign,
I will turn a blind eye and swear,
And I will not break the boisterous resolve
That has coursed my veins since birth,
This I promise I will not even when,
Thrown out from the womb of a world
You force me to embrace,
The convenient excuse of Youth wanes.
I will make you watch me grow old and bitter,
Accused, pushed against the ground,
Hating the world as passionately as the first day,
Having learned nothing.

This is arguably the hardest Life Lesson I've had for my self so far. Few out there suffer from such a bad case of PRIDE as myself.

No comments: