Saturday 23 June 2012

Into the Unknown


(Celtic Circle, Mystic's Dream)

I have been sitting there for a long while, eyes locked on a map of the world. Is this really happening, my mind keeps asking. My eyes shift to the boarding pass freshly printed and yes, it must be.

How, when, why... They say when you fly so far away you skip a day. I'll never really have tomorrow, most of it will be 'skipped'. By the time I arrive and call my mother, she will be waking up with bleary eyes while the land that greets me will be falling asleep, ready for the next day.

My eyes are locked again on a map of the world. Lost in a vague mist of thoughts is my mind. Dreamy, dazzled... highly-strung. Is this really happening?

Walking straight on into the unknown, I have stopped wondering about 'what happens next', focused only on the present and embracing a reality based on the unexpected. If I know that nothing can be expected, then I cannot be taken by surprise, I can only be prepared - as strangely as that may sound.

How will it feel like, what will I feel... I am bemused.

I glance at the clock tucked shyly in the corner of my computer screen, and as each minute ticks by a mix of trepidation, anticipation and excitement grips my whole being in a tighter embrace.



No comments: