Tuesday 1 November 2011

Ego


No more poetry to be written, no more sweet-sounding words, hollow enemies of the mind. What is the mind anyway but part of the same prison Ego has constructed for us?

It's all an illusion. It may feel real, but it is not. Everything is caught up in a maze of neurons and sensors inside the brain while the rest of the body constitutes the bulk of the machinery to keep the whole going. Same goes for 'bigger' things like society or the 'world'. It all works pretty much in the same way fractals do.

My words aren't even my own. They are borrowed and drawn from the pool of some collective consciousness that remains intent on deceiving its subjects or 'parts' by instilling the overwhelming notion of Ego from the start.

There is NO 'I'. Not even the shadow of one.

If I am but a cog in the big machinery of the universe, then why must I be made to believe and hang onto the false belief that 'I' exist independently from the whole?

An ideal form of language, if there really must be a 'language' at all, would never have a first person. It would at best only have a third person that is undefined.

Everything about languages as we speak and write them today are a consciousness trap because languages are not made up as such by a group of people who sit down to think about it, they are or have become a mere reflection of the tenets within the collective mind that stick. Languages evolve mostly depending on what the collective mindset prefers to adopt in terms of ideologies, imposed meanings and beliefs at large. As such, languages become little more than a direct mirror of our belief systems and reinforce the prison within which all is trapped. To use any ready-made language is per se to inherit a whole set of pre-defined notions, beliefs, illusory understanding, etc - including most if not all the flaws accumulated within that particular language's collective mindset.

Why is English so popular and spreading so easily throughout the world? Why this one and not another? (Yes, Chinese is technically the most 'spoken' but not in terms of spreading power) That's at least partly because most of the world is being made to adhere to a certain collective mindset whose influence happens to either have come to existence or developed from the English speaking side. Sounds far fetched? Only because I'm not finding an efficient way to put my point across.

Language is the equivalent of a virus carrier within the mind.

Apart from that, I still don't know how to de-construct the Ego in me. How to kill it... I'll embrace emptiness and void if it means I have eradicated it. To be fair, I still can't see the good that would come out of it. As the sack of meat that is 'I' becomes emptier, I find it robbed of any joy, smiles or hopes. All that remains, more and more, is emptiness devoid of anything at all. How can that be good?

But I can't stop. The alternative for me is even worse, it would mean having to live in a fake world that is really just a prison of cheap senses.









No comments: